When it comes to Web 2.0, I do not believe in love at first sight. I now realize that I need time to explore and I also need some encouragement from my peers.
My initial reactions to Technorati were negative, as were my initial reactions to Twitter and Second Life. As I spend more time talking to classmates and using the technology, I begin to see positive aspects and valid applications. As instructional designers we will be faced with this same initial skepticism. I am happy to be on the journey now so that I can better assist clients as they see and use Web 2.0 technologies for the first time.
So, I will keep an open mind about Technorati. I now see a valid use in searching blogs for new and changing information. Yvonne shared her experience with searching Technorati for information about “user centered design” and listed interesting blogs that discuss this topic. This enhances the “static” information found in articles and journals that are available online.
I want to keep exploring and experiencing different technologies. This will help me be an informed consumer/ produser and eventually I will be able to support others as they look for new technologies to enhance and improve their work.
About Me
- Eirin
- I am 34 years old. I live in Tallahassee, Florida, my hometown. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends and stay busy working full time while going to graduate school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment